EASY CARROT CAKE RECIPE
This recipe for a heavenly, homespun dessert is perfect for a party or
just simply for the family. Itís easy to prepare and fun to serve for
informal family gatherings, intimate dinner parties, and when
entertaining large or small groups of friends or business associates.
- 455 g carrots
- 400 g white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 180 ml vegetable oil
- 120 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 4 eggs
- 15 ml vanilla extract
- 35 g flaked coconut
- 60 g chopped walnuts
- 70 g raisins
- 8 g pumpkin pie spice
- 9 g baking soda
- 6 g salt
- 375 g all-purpose flour
- 224 g cream cheese
- 45 g unsalted butter, softened
- 180 g confectioners' sugar
- 3 g orange zest
- 15 ml fresh orange juice
To prepare the cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Coat a Bundt pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Flour the pan and tap out the excess flour.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the dry ingredients: flour,
salt, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice.
- Set the dry mixture aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the coconut, walnuts and raisins
and set aside.
- Grate the carrots to make 3 cups and set aside. Do not put
the carrots in water.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar and pineapple with the
pineapple juice, oil and applesauce.
- Beat on high speed for 3 minutes.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add the vanilla extract and carrots.
- Add the flour mixture and beat on low speed until all
ingredients are combined.
- Add the coconut, walnuts and raisins and combine.
- Pour the batter into a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- Bake at 175 degrees C for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a
toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the Bundt pan on wire rack.
- Once the cake is cooled, invert it onto serving plate.
To make the frosting:
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, butter,
confectionersí sugar, orange zest and juice.
- Beat until smooth.
- Spread the icing evenly over the top of the Bundt cake,
allowing it to drip randomly along the sides and in the
center, with most of the icing dripping on the outside.
Refrigerate the cake for one hour before serving and
watch the faces of your family and guests beam with delight
as they enjoy this easy to make, healthy and delicious